As a landlord it is your responsibility to ensure the property you are renting out is safe and up to standard for a rental property. Faulty electrics can be very dangerous and is one of the biggest causes of house fire`s in the UK. Here at RCS electrical we can give you peace of mind your tenants are safe and make sure you are meeting your legal requirements as a landlord.
Electric Periodic Inspection Report
A Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) is also known as an Electrical Installation Inspection Certificate, Electrical Inspection & Testing or a Fixed Wiring Certificate.
Why do I need a PIR
There is no legal requirement to obtain a periodic inspection on a residential property. However, there are a few reasons why you may want an electrcial inspection and report.
- To obtain a mortgage or loan against a property
- In connection with getting compensation from an insurance policy following damage to a property
- It might be a requirement in a leasing agreement
What will a PIR tell me
- It will reveal if any circuits or equipment are being overloaded
- It will find any potential electrical shock risks and fire hazards in the installation
- It identifies any defective DIY electrical work
- It will highlight any lack of earthing or bonding
- It tells you what steps need to be taken to bring the installation up to current saftery standards
What do you get
- BS7671 2008 Compliant Periodic Inspection Report
- Evidence of any defects and departures from IEE Wiring Regulations
- Professional technical advice from a qualified electrician
- A quotation for any remedial works required